[Paraview] [XDMF] testing collections in parallel

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Thu Sep 4 11:59:11 EDT 2008

Jerry,

I've been doing some tests with XDMF and it seems that, now, the
"spatial collection of temporal collections" (I will refer this
combination as type 1 for simplicity) is working better than the
"temporal collection of spatial collections" (type 2). I've implemented
both and when I load in the type 1 the ParaView filters work just fine.
I can use the calculator, isocontour, volume rendering, D3, etc... but,
when I try the type 2, although the model is correctly loaded and
rendered, some filters present a problematic behavior. D3 reports some
kd-tree errors, the calculators does not compute anything, volume render
closes the connection with the server. Maybe it's also related to the
memory allocation and model extent problems reported by Jean sometime
ago. Have you found anything? Can I do anything to help in finding the
problem? I'm collecting some files for test and could send you later.

regards

Renato.

p.s.: I can't say nothing about parallel efficiency since the models I'm
using are not so large and the time series are small as well.