[Paraview] problems linking a new filter

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 4 05:27:09 EDT 2008

Hello,
I have written a new filter and put in the method New():

static vtkHorizontalAverage *New() {return new vtkHorizontalAverage;}

it is in the header-file vtkHorizontalAverage.h, HorizontalAverage is the new filter.
As there is already the definition there, there is nothing else concerning New() in the corresponding .cxx-file.

Now building paraview with that filter, it compiles fine, but linking I get the following error:

Linking CXX Executable ..\..\..\bin\ServerManagerStateLoader.exe:
..\bin\libvtkPVFilters.a(vtkPVFiltersInstantiator.obj):vtkPVFiltersInstantiator.cxx: undefined reference to 'vtkInstantiatorvtkHorizontalAverageNew() '

What can I do to avoid that? Is there any file I need to include additionally, or.. ??
thx for help,
NH