[Paraview] casting vtkPointData* to double*

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 4 03:23:36 EDT 2008

Hi!
I´m writing a filter and I want to perform arithmetic operations, i.e. "+=" with the scalar data associated to each point of my grid. So I get the Point Data from the input file:

void vtkHorizontalAverage::Execute()
{vtkStructuredGrid *input = this->GetInput();
vtkStructuredGrid *output = this->GetOutput();

 vtkPointData *inPtr = input->GetPointData();
 vtkPointData *outPtr = output->GetPointData();

here and now I want to apply the += operator, but I have no idea how to cast my vtkPointData - object, since I do not really know where to fit the cast operator in, to the vtkPointData class or to the vtkDataArray..

I could also use a reinterpretcast, but I´m not sure if the format of the data in vtkPointData is double or float..

So, any help would be apreciated!
thx,
NH