[Paraview] Crash with latest CVS

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Sep 3 13:02:20 EDT 2008

No install. I am trying to run from the build directory by issuing the
following command:

Bin/paraview.app/Contents/MacOS/paraview

Line 47 of that file (which ends in .cxx BTW) is the following:

this->addPluginPath( QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath() +
"/../../../");

Which probably won't work for an installation if I understand things
correctly. We could add:

     //Look in the Application Package "ParaView.app/Contents/plugins
     this->addPluginPath( QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath() +
QDir::separator() + "../plugins;" );
     //Look for a folder called "plugins" at the same level as
ParaView.app
     this->addPluginPath( QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath() +
QDir::separator() + "../../../plugins;");

at that would allow for plugins to be loaded from other places, but
then we are just looking for a particular plugin (pqWidgets) so that
may not be necessary.

Also, when I try a "make install" the ParaView.app _never_ really gets
created. I have not had time to troubleshoot this though.

Mike

On Sep 3, 2008, at 12:41 PM, clinton at elemtech.com wrote:

> Did you do a make install of paraview?
> Can you check the path in ParaView3/Qt/Core/pqFormBuilder.cpp line
> 47.  It
> needs the directory contianing the pqWidgets library.
>
> Clint
>
> On Wednesday 03 September 2008 10:32:00 am Mike Jackson wrote:
>> Aggg.. Sorry about that. OS X Leopard. Qt 4.3.5, Debug build (Both).
>>
>> Updated cvs a few minutes ago and saw the same issue, This time with
>> some "standard" data:
>>
>> Launch ParaView.
>> Create a Sphere Source
>> Apply the "Elevation" filter
>> Apple the Threshold filter. At this point I get the errors;
>>
>> "QFormBuilder was unable to create a widget of the class
>> 'pqDoubleRangeWidget'."
>> "QFormBuilder was unable to create a widget of the class
>> 'pqDoubleRangeWidget'."
>> QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::valueEdited(double) to
>> pqThresholdPanel::lowerChanged(double)
>> QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::valueEdited(double) to
>> pqThresholdPanel::upperChanged(double)
>>
>> And the UI is missing the text edit fields for the lower and upper
>> bounds. ParaView will then crash if I go any further.
>>
>> I'll attach the cmakecache.txt file for your review;
>>
>> ---
>> Mike

| Mike Jackson - Principal Software Engineer      |
| BlueQuartz Software                             |
| mike.jackson at bluequartz.net                     |
| www.bluequartz.net                              |