[Paraview] Paraview writer doesn't work

Rafael March Castañeda Neto rafaelmarch3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 10:48:11 EDT 2008

Hey Paraview Community,

I'm having problems in setting a paraview writer to work.

A friend of mine has programmed a writer, and in his machine it compiles and
works fine. He sent me the source code and I managed to cmake it and to
compile it, with MS Visual Studio 2005 and pointing to a Paraview 3.2.3
distribution in my computer. I've already set my environment variable
PV_PLUGIN_PATH to a folder called ParaviewPlugins, where I put all the dll's
of the plugins which I want to load with Paraview. When I open the program,
I go to the option "Manage Plugins..." in "Tools", and can see all the
plugins whose dll's are in the ParaviewPlugins folder, including my writer.
Every other plugin is working just fine, but I can't manage to save a file
in the extension specified in my writer's code.

Does anybody have an idea of what's going on ? I