[Paraview] Strange behaviour with large datasets

Nathanael Inkson Nathanael.Inkson at digitalflowsolutions.com
Tue Sep 2 09:30:35 EDT 2008

Dear Paraview people,

            I am working with Paraview with very large datasets (around
40Gb). I have written a filter derived from MeshQuality which doesn't
seem to display the returned data arrays correctly. I checked with the
same mesh and the MeshQuality filter. The same thing happens: I put the
output on volume rendering to look at the quality field and the whole
dataset is invisible. I have tried rescaling the range but to know
avail. Is this a known problem?

Any advice? With smaller meshes the problem disappears and the quality
field is visible with volume rendering.

Best Regards

Dr. Nathanael Inkson,

Computational Fluid Dynamics Developer,