[Paraview] Forcing a Qt version

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Oct 7 09:41:19 EDT 2008

On Oct 7, 2008, at 9:26 AM, Renato N. Elias wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm facing a curious problem here. I was using Qt-4.3.4 to compile
> ParaView in a Windows machine and it had been working fine but after
> installing a second version of Qt (4.4.2), CMake 2.6 (patch 2 RC-5)
> seems to be getting confused about which version it should use. Even
> pointing QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE to Qt-4.3.4, CMake insists in pointing
> all other stuffs to Qt-4.4.2 paths (QT_DOC_DIR, QT_INCLUDE_DIR,
> QT_LIBRARY_DIR and so on...). In my environment I have set
> QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE to Qt-4.3.4 but it's not solving the problem. Is
> there any other environment variable that could be used to force
> CMake in using the correct version of Qt?
>
> Regards
>
> Renato.

You can set QTDIR to the installation directory. CMake will try to use
that variable if it finds it. Also, once the Qt libraries and stuff is
set in a build directory it is pretty hard to get it to change.
Clearing the build directory and starting out again with the QTDIR env
variable set should help you find the correct version.

Alternately you can open the CMakeCache.txt and remove all traces of
ANY variable with QT in its name. This isn't exactly the preferred way
to trouble shoot this problem but has worked in the past, plus saves
all your compiled code from having to be recompiled.

Mike Jackson