[Paraview] Bug in Color Scale

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Nov 25 09:50:42 EST 2008

Shi,

I have not run into this, nor have I heard of anyone else who has.  Could you tell us more about your data or, better yet, send us an example?

One thing that has changed with the rescale range feature recently is that the range is now computed based on the values that appear throughout an entire volume, not just what appears on the surface.  Thus, if you are rendering a volume of data with 1 in the middle but with the surface only having up to 0.01, the range is still going to be up to 1.  Check the ranges in the Information panel.  The scalar bar range should agree with that.  If you don't know where the upper values are located, try using the threshold filter to find them.

-Ken