[Paraview] filter with multiple input

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Sun Nov 23 22:21:40 EST 2008

Hi Natalie,

There are problems with your filter code that accesses the inputs. You
are accessing information objects from multiple input ports when it
looks like you want to be looking at multiple input connections from
the same input port. Look at vtkAppendFilter or
vtkAppendPolyDataFilter for code that deals with multiple input
connections. From the description you are giving it looks like a
multiple input port filter might also solve your use-case. Look at
vtkProbeFilter or vtkStreamTracer for code for writing multiple input
port filters (looking at the xmls for the corresponding filters in
ServerManager/Resources/filters.xml should help you with writing the
xmls for each of the case).

The "eye" only control the visibility. It does not affect whether that
source becomes an input to a newly created filter. Only items
"selected" in the pipeline browser become the input. You can select
multiple sources by using "Ctrl" or "Shift" key when selecting in the
pipeline browser.

Utkarsh