[Paraview] Just Learning Paraview

iva.atcsupervisor at gmail.com iva.atcsupervisor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 13:07:06 EST 2008

Hey Everyone

I first off would like to say that I am not an engineer but have always been
fascinated with CFD's with respect to airflow around aircraft. I just
downloaded Paraview and finding tutorials on how to build and run a
simulation is very difficult. I did manage to start and connect to the
localhost server ie. my computer. But I can not figure out how to start a
simulation with streamlines around a simple sphere constructed using the
sources menu. and I am not sure exactly how to construct and aircraft or
even a wing in paraview. I know that you can import many datatypes but I do
not recognize any of them because I am so new to this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.