[Paraview] filter for xdmf-file

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Nov 20 07:33:27 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 7:16 AM, Natalie Happenhofer
<nataliehapp at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Since I´m working now with xdmf-files I need to make my filter work with it
> too ;-)
> I have noticed that a few filters which using vtk-functions work with the
> xdmf file as well, so I started off making my filter as a subclass of
> vtkDataSetAlgorithm.
> If the input is a rectilinear grid, I cast the input to it and it works
> fine, the key here is that I have the function
> vtkRectilinearGrid::GetDimensions(int data[3]).
> I need something similar for my xdmf file, is there any function I can use
> to get the dimensions of my datafile? as the dimensions are specified in the
> .xmf as well as in the .h5 file, there must be something to get it.. (at
> least I hope so).
>
> thx for advice,
> Natalie Happenhofer

I am curious why you need to work at the xdmf level? The purpose of
the reader is to read the data written in the particular file format
off of the disk and fill in VTK's internal data structures. After the
reader, no filter needs to know that the file was initially in xdmf
format.

--
David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.