[Paraview] parallel rendering problem

Server Levent Yilmaz leventyilmaz at gmail.com
Mon May 5 16:02:09 EDT 2008

Thanks Berk. Overlap was the problem, and rearranging the windows solves the
issue although this is obviously not  convenient (at best) on same machine
server/client configuration.

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com> wrote:

> That is true; offscreen rendering _should_ work as long as the OpenGL
> driver cooperates.

And thanks Kent. The good news is (at least with my configuration)
--use-off-screen works perfectly.

> However, you are not gaining much in terms of
> rendering performance since all processes will be using the same GPU.
> We are starting to think about scaling number of processes we use
> without scaling the number of GPUs....

How can I make sure that I fully utilize the GPUs on the system? (both
graphics cards are identical each with dual head). And if for this I need to
fall back to not using off screen, can you hint a bit on setting up
$DISPLAY? Do I need to run multiple X servers for this?

Levent

--
Server Levent Yilmaz
Mechanical Engineering