[Paraview] Animate a single file

Michael Koplow mkoplow at berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 30 18:26:36 EDT 2008

I have timeseries data which consists of several thousand spheres
(saved as point data -- just center locations and radii) whose
temperature changes with time.  I am able to import the locations and
temperatures using both the legacy vtk file format and the newer xml
vtu format.

Is it possible to animate the temperatures using a single file which
has all of the timesteps stored as a matrix as opposed to the legacy
animation method (one timestep per file)?  It becomes cumbersome for
hundreds of timesteps to keep saving additional files.  It is also a
pain to have to keep resaving the sphere center locations when they
remain fixed.

Does anyone have an example of animating a single vtu file?  Is this
even possible..?

Thanks!
Mike