[Paraview] paraview bug

John Doe ufnoise at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 16:24:54 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am writing an ascii xml file for an unstructured mesh.  I have
scalar and vector data on lines.  If I have any vector data listed
before scalar data, I get a crash upon hitting the apply button in
paraview:
ERROR: In /home/berk/Work/ReleaseBuilds/ParaView3/VTK/IO/vtkXMLDataReader.cxx,
line 532
vtkXMLUnstructuredGridReader (0x8aeed88): Cannot read cell data array
"ElectricField" from PointData in piece 1.  The data array in the
element may be too short.

This is how I am declaring data to be vector data.
<DataArray Name="ElectricField" type="Float64" NumberOfComponents="3"
format="ascii">

However, if I ensure that the vector data are listed after the scalar
data in the cell data section, everything is cool.

Is this a known issue, or should I file a bug?

Thanks,

Juan