[Paraview] Client-Server Fails on Altix

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Fri Jun 27 08:36:57 EDT 2008

Fixed, mostly. When client and server are built from the exact same source (from CVS) it works when the client uses 32-bit IDs and when the server uses either 32-bit or 64-bit IDs.

Unfortunately, it seems that our users must now switch their clients to the same CVS version as the server on the Altix. For example, the 3.2.1 client fails with this message:

===
Handshake failed. You are probably using mismatching versions of client and server.
===

Could someone involved with this part of ParaView comment, in general, on using a client with a server of a different version?

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center