[Paraview] linux server crashes with windows client

Edwards, Paul Paul.Edwards3 at Rolls-Royce.com
Thu Jun 26 05:38:21 EDT 2008

I'm embarrassed, it was my fault - while I compiled the same client, I
didn't change the symlink to the new paraview build on the linux system.

Sorry for wasting your time,
Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Utkarsh Ayachit [mailto:utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com]
Sent: 25 June 2008 15:59
To: Edwards, Paul
Cc: Utkarsh Ayachit; paraview at paraview.org
Subject: Re: [Paraview] linux server crashes with windows client

Hmm, strange. Do the following:

* Verify that "void RemoveAllSelectionsInputs()" is defined in
ParaView3/Servers/Filters/vtkPVExtractSelection.h on the server side.
* Verify that in the binary directory there exists a file
vtkPVExtractSelectionClientServer.cxx (under
ParaView3Bin/Servers/Filters/). This file should have
"RemoveAllSelectionsInputs()" call made somewhere.

Utkarsh

Edwards, Paul wrote:
> It is the CVS version - but both are compiled from the same checkout.
>
> Regards,
> Paul

/h/u522140/local/pkgs/src/ParaView3/Servers/Common/vtkProcessModule.cxx,

>> line 1010
>>
>> vtkProcessModule (0x543bc0): Object type: vtkPVExtractSelection,
could

>> not find requested method: "RemoveAllSelectionsInputs"
>>
>> or the method was called with incorrect arguments.
>>

>> while processing
>>
>> Message 0 = Invoke
>>
>>   Argument 0 = id_value {1982}
>>
>>   Argument 1 = string_value {RemoveAllSelectionsInputs}
>>

>> ERROR: In

/h/u522140/local/pkgs/src/ParaView3/Servers/Common/vtkProcessModule.cxx,

>> line 1011
>>
>> vtkProcessModule (0x543bc0): Aborting execution for debugging
> purposes.
>>

>> Aborted
>>
>> u522140 at server:/home/paul/u522140/pkgs/paraview/bin>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------->8
>>

>> Is this a problem mixing 32/64 bit client/server?  Or has anyone got
> any
>> advice?
>>

>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> The data contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain
> confidential information. If you have received it in error you should
> notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from
> your system and contact +44 (0) 1332 242424 (the Rolls-Royce IT
Security