[Paraview] linux server crashes with windows client

Edwards, Paul Paul.Edwards3 at Rolls-Royce.com
Wed Jun 25 10:52:24 EDT 2008

It is the CVS version - but both are compiled from the same checkout.

Regards,
Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Utkarsh Ayachit [mailto:utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com]
Sent: 25 June 2008 15:45
To: Edwards, Paul
Cc: paraview at paraview.org
Subject: Re: [Paraview] linux server crashes with windows client

Looks like you are using CVS client. Are you sure that the client and
the server are of the same version?

Utkarsh

Edwards, Paul wrote:
> I am running a server on a linux machine (64 bit) and connecting with
> windows client (32 bit).  Initially when connecting (on the win32
> client) I get the message "Server DISPLAY not accessible".  Then, as
> soon as it tries to render something (anything!), the server crashes
> with the following error.
>

> 8<-------------------------------------------------------------
>
> u522140 at server:/home/paul/pkgs/paraview/bin> ./pvserver
>
> Listen on port: 11111
>
> Waiting for client...
>
> Client connected.
>
> ERROR: In

/h/u522140/local/pkgs/src/ParaView3/Servers/Common/vtkProcessModule.cxx,

> line 1010
>
> vtkProcessModule (0x543bc0): Object type: vtkPVExtractSelection, could

> not find requested method: "RemoveAllSelectionsInputs"
>
> or the method was called with incorrect arguments.
>

> while processing
>
> Message 0 = Invoke
>
>   Argument 0 = id_value {1982}
>
>   Argument 1 = string_value {RemoveAllSelectionsInputs}
>

> ERROR: In

/h/u522140/local/pkgs/src/ParaView3/Servers/Common/vtkProcessModule.cxx,

> line 1011
>
> vtkProcessModule (0x543bc0): Aborting execution for debugging
purposes.

> Aborted
>
> u522140 at server:/home/paul/u522140/pkgs/paraview/bin>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------->8
>

> Is this a problem mixing 32/64 bit client/server?  Or has anyone got
any
> advice?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul
>
> The data contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain
confidential information. If you have received it in error you should
notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from
your system and contact +44 (0) 1332 242424 (the Rolls-Royce IT Security
Director) if you need assistance. Please do not copy it for any purpose,
or disclose its contents to any other person.

> An e-mail response to this address may be subject to interception or
monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.

> (c) 2008 Rolls-Royce plc
>
> Registered office: 65 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6AT Company number:
1003142. Registered in England.