[Paraview] paraview3.3.0: Glyph filter ignores ScaleFactor in a script?

Robert Cimrman cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz
Wed Jun 18 08:22:41 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I try to visualize a point vector field 'u' using arrow glyphs, but no
matter how I set 'ScaleFactor' property the arrows stay the same (too
big). The relevant part of the code is below - what I am doing wrong? I
have even created the scene in the GUI, saved it into .pvsm file, loaded
into another script, examined the Glyph proxy and set the Glyph
properties in my script accordingly. No change :(

reader = servermanager.sources.LegacyVTKFileReader( FileNames =
[inFileName] )

view = servermanager.CreateRenderView()

arrows = servermanager.filters.Glyph( Input = reader )
arrows.SelectInputScalars = [ '', '', '', '', 'p' ]
arrows.SelectInputVectors = [ '1', '', '', '', 'u' ]
arrows.ScaleMode = 1
arrows.Orient = 1
arrows.ScaleFactor = 0.001
arrows.Source = servermanager.sources.ArrowSource()

arep = servermanager.CreateRepresentation( arrows, view )

view.StillRender()
view.ResetCamera()
camera = view.GetActiveCamera()
camera.Elevation( 45 )