[Paraview] streamline tracer does not work on cut filter results

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Tue Jun 17 13:47:36 EDT 2008

OK I traced the problem down to using the Intel compiler for my build.
The same code compiled with GNU works.

To the developer of the stream tracer class: are you using things like

if(x==y)

for x,y float/double?

I have already noticed GNU and Intel respond differently, with GNU more
forgiving. The proper (= correct, robust, meaningful) comparison should be

if(fabs(x-y)<eps)

I do not know if that is the problem, but it is one of the differences
between the compilers that I noticed.

-- Dominik

Dominik Szczerba wrote:
> Ha it even works with official 3.3.0, only not my own compilation from
> CVS 05 June. So either it is my own compilation, or something still got
> broken in CVS slightly later. Attached is my CMakeCache. Any ideas?
> - Dominik
>

> Dominik Szczerba wrote:
>> Wooo it works with PV 3.2.1 official. So something got broken in the CVS.
>> -- Dominik
>>
>> Dominik Szczerba wrote:
>>> I already did it, as mentioned in a previous post. No, it does not
>>> work for me - does it work on my dataset for you?
>>>
>>> In any case, that is a trivialized example, my real case is not
>>> symmetric and a cut plane is not easily aligned with the axes.
>>>
>>> I suspect this might have to do with:
>>>
>>> 1) the funny range like 1.52e-18 - 1.22e-17 for point1/point2 in line
>>> source sub-window that I get hitting 'X/Y/Z Axis' button.
>>>
>>> 2) my mesh being quadratic and streamlining not working in such cases.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any hints.
>>> -- Dominik

Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.
Biomedical Simulation Group