[Paraview] streamline tracer does not work on cut filter results

Michael Ahlmann mahlmann at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jun 17 12:23:10 EDT 2008

I had a similar problem when trying to visualize an axi-symmetric data
set.  The problem was that the streamlines were not confined to the the
axi-symmetric plane, and thus they were cut short at the point where the
flow went in the circumferential direction.  The fix in my case was to
use the calculator to develop a new, simplified data set.

V = V_x * ihat + V_y * jhat + 0 * khat

This way, the axi-symmetric component is zero, and doesn't affect the in
plane streamlines.  I wonder if you could do something similar in your
case?  Although I presume it would be more complex given that your
cutting plane may not lay perfectly within one of the Cartesian planes...

-Michael