[Paraview] Problems compiling 3.2 on IA64 with ICC/ICPC (Resolution)

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 13:38:52 EDT 2008

aaaarrrgh.. I spoke too soon.. Later in the compile:

/work1/rhand/Eagle/ParaView3/Utilities/Xdmf2/vtk/vtkXdmfWriter.cxx(831):
error: more than one instance of overloaded function "XdmfArray::SetValue"
matches the argument list:
            function "XdmfArray::SetValue(XdmfInt64={long},
XdmfUInt8={unsigned char})"
            function "XdmfArray::SetValue(XdmfInt64={long},
XdmfUInt16={unsigned short})"
            function "XdmfArray::SetValue(XdmfInt64={long},
XdmfUInt32={unsigned int})"
            function "XdmfArray::SetValue(XdmfInt64={long},
XdmfInt8={char})"
            function "XdmfArray::SetValue(XdmfInt64={long},
XdmfInt16={short})"
            function "XdmfArray::SetValue(XdmfInt64={long},
XdmfInt32={int})"
            function "XdmfArray::SetValue(XdmfInt64={long},
XdmfInt64={long})"
            function "XdmfArray::SetValue(XdmfInt64={long},
XdmfFloat32={float})"
            function "XdmfArray::SetValue(XdmfInt64={long},
XdmfFloat64={double})"
            argument types are: (vtkIdType, long long)
            object type is: XdmfArray
                  Data.SetValue(jj, val);
                       ^
          detected during instantiation of "vtkIdType={long long}
vtkXdmfWriterWriteXMLScalar(vtkXdmfWriter *, std::ostream &, AType *,
vtkDataSet *, int *, const char *, const char *, const char *, const char *,
NType, int, int, int *, int) [with AType=vtkIdTypeArray, NType=long long]"

/work1/rhand/Eagle/ParaView3/Utilities/Xdmf2/vtk/vtkXdmfWriter.cxx(842):
error: no instance of overloaded function "XdmfArray::SetValues" matches the
argument list
            argument types are: (int, vtkIdType *, long long)
            object type is: XdmfArray
        Data.SetValues(0, array->GetPointer(0), array->GetNumberOfTuples() *
array->GetNumberOfComponents());
             ^
          detected during instantiation of "vtkIdType={long long}
vtkXdmfWriterWriteXMLScalar(vtkXdmfWriter *, std::ostream &, AType *,
vtkDataSet *, int *, const char *, const char *, const char *, const char *,
NType, int, int, int *, int) [with AType=vtkIdTypeArray, NType=long long]"

compilation aborted for
/work1/rhand/Eagle/ParaView3/Utilities/Xdmf2/vtk/vtkXdmfWriter.cxx (code 2)
gmake[2]: *** [Utilities/Xdmf2/vtk/CMakeFiles/vtkXdmf.dir/vtkXdmfWriter.o]
Error 2
gmake[1]: *** [Utilities/Xdmf2/vtk/CMakeFiles/vtkXdmf.dir/all] Error 2
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

Anything special about 'long long' ?

Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist