[Paraview] question: how to add "vtkDICOMImageReader" into Paraview 3.2.2 using plugin

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Jun 13 09:16:41 EDT 2008

There's no way currently to tell ParaView to set the directory name on
the reader (instead of a file or a list of files). I just committed a
feature to CVS where if the <UseDirectoryName /> hint is present on the
filename property, the directory name will be used instead of the file name:
eg.

     <StringVectorProperty
         name="Directory"
         command="SetDirectory"
         number_of_elements="1">
         <FileListDomain name="files"/>
         <Hints>
           <UseDirectoryName />
         </Hints>
      </StringVectorProperty>

Note that now the reader will always get the directory name and never
the filename. You cannot have two properties one taking a filename and
another taking a directory. In that case, paraview will only end up
using one of them.

Utkarsh