[Paraview] TransformFilter problems

Paul Edwards paul.m.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 08:06:29 EDT 2008

I am trying to use a subclass of TransformFilter in one other Filters
(subclass of vtkMultiBlockDataSetAlgorithm) in the RequestData method.
 The RequestData looks like this:

8<----------------------------------------------------------
int vtkFilter::RequestData(vtkInformation* info,
		vtkInformationVector** vector,
		vtkInformationVector* outputVector)
{
        vtkInformation* outInfo = outputVector->GetInformationObject(0);
        vtkMultiBlockDataSet* output = vtkMultiBlockDataSet::SafeDownCast(
            outInfo0->Get(vtkMultiBlockDataSet::DATA_OBJECT()));

	vtkSmartPointer<vtkMyMultiBlockDataSetReader> reader =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkMyMultiBlockDataSetReader>::New();
	// setup reader here...
        // .....
	vtkSmartPointer<vtkXYZTransformFilter> transform =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkXYZTransformFilter>::New();
	transform->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());
	transform->Update();
	output->ShallowCopy(transform->GetOutput());
        return 1;
}
---------------------------------------------------------->8

This filter above will work without the transform and the transform
works as a filter in paraview but when I have it as above I get the
following error:

8<----------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: In /home/paul/workspace/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkExecutive.cxx,
line 757
vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (0x4a7b1b0): Algorithm
vtkXYZTransformFilter(0x4a0c7a0) returned failure for request:
vtkInformation (0x4a7a9a0)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 202678
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA_OBJECT
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

ERROR: In /home/paul/workspace/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkExecutive.cxx,
line 757
vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (0x4a7b1b0): Algorithm
vtkXYZTransformFilter(0x4a0c7a0) returned failure for request:
vtkInformation (0x4a7a9a0)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 202710
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA_OBJECT
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

Warning: In /home/paul/workspace/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkDataObject.cxx,
line 908
vtkMultiBlockDataSet (0x173da00): Attempted to ShallowCopy from null.