[Paraview] getElementProperty with arguments

Paul Edwards paul.m.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 11:09:16 EDT 2008

In my pqObjectPanel I would like to be able to call a function with
parameters on my vtkAlgorithm and then get the return value.

I can do this without parameters, e.g.

In vtkAlgorithm class I have the function:
      char* GetValue();

In my xml file I have:
      <StringVectorProperty
                           name="GetValue"
                           command="GetValue"
                           information_only="1">
          <SimpleStringInformationHelper/>
      </StringVectorProperty>

And, in pqObjectPanel I have:
      QVariant v =
pqSMAdaptor::getElementProperty(this->proxy()->GetProperty("GetValue"));

So this all works but how could this be updated for a function that took a
parameter.  I have tried the following:

In vtkAlgorithm class I changed the function to take an argument:
      char* GetValue(char* arg1);

In my xml file I set the number of elements:
      <StringVectorProperty
                           name="GetValue"
                           command="GetValue"
                           number_of_elements="1"
                           information_only="1">
          <SimpleStringInformationHelper/>
      </StringVectorProperty>

I'm not sure the XML file is correct - is it still a
<SimpleStringInformationHelper>?  And finally I do not know what to do in
pqObjectPanel...

Any help would be appreciated,
Paul