[Paraview] Use IPython with paraview instead of PVPython

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Sun Jun 1 10:50:59 EDT 2008

If you setup you PYTHONPATH properly, you can import the paraview
python modules directly. Here is what I have my PYTHONPATH set to:

/Users/berk/Work/paraview3-build/bin:/Users/berk/Work/paraview3-build/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping:/Users/berk/Work/PythonScripts

This is a : separated list. The first entry is the build directory of
ParaView, this is so that the shared libraries can be imported. The
second one is where the paraview modules are. The third one is my own
modules. For this to work, you have to make sure that you compile
paraview against the same python as ipython uses.

-berk