[Paraview] Converting (2-D) scalar field data to height

Patrick Shane Calhoun psc28 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 30 13:43:09 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have been analyzing a set of volume data where I have taken a thin slice
through the center. This volume data contains a scalar field. Now, since I
only have a plane through this volume, I have a scalar field simply on a
2-D plane.

My question is whether or not there is a preexisting filter (or any way
what so ever) that converts this scalar data into in a height that
corresponds to the axis which is perpendicular to both the other two axes
that define the plane where the scalar data is contained.

Thanks,

Patrick