[Paraview] problem compiling: debian, 64bit, gcc 4.3.1

Simone Deparis simone.deparis at epfl.ch
Wed Jul 16 07:31:06 EDT 2008

Ken Teague wrote:
> Simone Deparis wrote:
>> In changes.txt there is a short description of whart I had to do to
>> build the package starting from the tasting source package.
>
> It appears that, at some point, you upgraded your libc6.
>
>  paraview depends on libc6 (>= 2.6-1); however:
>   Version of libc6 on system is 2.3.6.ds1-13etch5.
>
> I can only go so far with unDebianizing a system, especially one that's
> in production. :-(
>
> - Ken

I see.. Sorry, I will have to compile it on another machine.
I'll try and get back on the list
Simone

                                    Simone Deparis
  .~.                               CMCS - IACS
  /V\   L   I   N   U   X           SB - EPFL
 // \\  =================           CH - 1015 Lausanne
/(   )\                             Switzerland
 ^^-^^
phone :  +41 -21 693 2547           mailto:Simone.Deparis at epfl.ch
fax   :  +41 -21 693 2545           http://iacs.epfl.ch/~deparis