[Paraview] Strugging with 3D widgets and plugins

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Jul 7 11:17:58 EDT 2008

On Friday 04 July 2008 8:50:26 am Paul Edwards wrote:
> I've read on the list that it is possible to create 3D widgets as plugins:
>
> http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2008-March/007315.html
>
> I have attempted this using the LineWidgetSource in the ParaView
> source code.  I just search for all files relating the the line widget
> and renamed all files and classes.  Then I tried to make plugins for
> it.  The plugins it creates does not seem to use the pq* classes.
> Have I missed something in the XML?  I have attached my source code.
>
> [Note: My aim is to create a widget for moving points in a structured
> mesh - hence MoveableMesh!]
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
> Paul

The recognized 3d widget sub-panels that get embeded in an object panel are
hardcoded in ParaView.  I had to make my own object panel to get my 3d widget
sub-panels to show up, and you could do the same.  The hardcoding probably
needs to be removed and replaced with something that allows customizing.

Clint