[Paraview] Intra-zonal surfaces

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Jan 11 09:10:25 EST 2008

When I load a complex CFD dataset with several dozen zones, I create a
multiblock data structure which has one dataset per zone/volume.

When visualizing this as a surface only and with transparency turned on.
The faces between zones are visible as artifacts inside the volume where
the zones abut. I was wondering if back face culling would remove these,
but of course, there are font faces there too.

Is there any way of coaxing d3 or similar filter to generate ghost cells
that can be used to overcome these artifacts.
or
I am thinking that if I join all cells into a single unstructured grid
(in parallel if necessary) then these surface cells will disappear (but
perhaps there is a solution I have missed). Is there a filter to append
all the zones into one already present in ParaView - like AppendFilter
for a multiblock->single unstructured grid.

Thanks

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch