[Paraview] Custom display panel for a source or filter

Paul Edwards paul.m.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 10:52:16 EST 2008

Hi Utkarsh,

Does this mean that I don't need to edit the main Paraview code?  Do you
have any examples of a plugin which does this?  If not, I would be happy to
make one, but I'm still a little confused as to how to implement it.  So far
I have a plugin for the server and one for the client, adding a reader and
panel to paraview.  Below is my CMake file:

8<----------------------------------------------------------------
FIND_PACKAGE(ParaView REQUIRED)
INCLUDE(${PARAVIEW_USE_FILE})

QT4_WRAP_CPP(MOC_SRCS pqMyPanel.h)
QT4_WRAP_UI(UIC_SRCS pqMyPanel.ui)

ADD_PARAVIEW_OBJECT_PANEL(IFACES IFACE_SRCS CLASS_NAME pqMyPanel
                          XML_NAME MyReader XML_GROUP sources)

ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(MyReaderSMPlugin "1.0"
                    SERVER_MANAGER_XML vtkMyReader.xml
                    SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES vtkMyReader.cxx)
ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(MyReaderGUIPlugin "1.0"
                    GUI_INTERFACES ${IFACES}
                    GUI_RESOURCE_FILES pqMyReader.xml
                    SOURCES pqMyPanel.cxx ${MOC_SRCS} ${UIC_SRCS}
${IFACE_SRCS})

Is there a macro to add a display panel so the file can be auto generated,
or do I need to create my own subclass for pqPlugin and manually add it as
one of the interfaces?

Thanks,
Paul