[Paraview] contoured by attribute not available in color by list

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Fri Feb 22 12:09:47 EST 2008

Dear Paraview People,

It seems that when you have contoured by a certain attribute, let's
say "temp", you can't color by that same variable.  I think I know
what the logic behind this could have been, an isosurface by
definition having the same scalar everywhere, barring interpolation
shenanigans.  However, if I extract a range of isosurfaces with the
"New Range" functionality, I would very much have liked to able to
colour the surfaces according to their isovalues.  Should I file this
as a bug?

Thanks,
Charl