[Paraview] Re: Problems with State File

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Fri Feb 22 10:44:00 EST 2008

A few additions to my list of problems with state files:

1) The reason the file gets larger is that more and more duplicates of the
"trackball manipulators" are added.

5) The origin of the slice plane is not restored. The values are correct in the
pvsm file but after loading they are at their default values.

One of the most promising features of ParaView was the way it could be used to
work with very large datasets:

    - on your workstation interactively create a visualization
      on a small version of the dataset;

    - save state; then

    - use the state file in batch with the full dataset.

The unreliability of the state files makes this impossible. Would others use
this feature? If so fixing state files might be important.

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center