[Paraview] When changing the number of output ports dynamically pipeline browser is not updated

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Fri Feb 15 09:34:27 EST 2008

Hi Joe,

ParaView does not support dynamically adjusting the number of ports.
This is actually strongly discouraged for VTK 5.0 and never. The
"blessed" way of producing variable number of output datasets is to
use a multi-block dataset. Unfortunately, there are certain things you
can't do with multi-block dataset (such as selection and using the
spreadsheet view). We have been working hard on making the multi-block
support better and closing the gap between single datasets and
multi-block datasets.

-berk