[Paraview] Smoothing unstructured grid

Dimitrios Kiousis dkiousis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 04:44:08 EST 2008

Hello all,

I recently switched from MayaVi to Paraview (and I am glad I did).
I have a 3D unstructured grid and everything works perfect in Paraview. I
also managed to solve an 'Extract Cells' problem.

Until a new issue came up. Instead of plotting the facets of my 3D
hexahedral mesh, I would like a smooth surface. In MayaVi I could (and still
can) do that by applying the filter 'PolyDataNormals'. I checked the web and
I found out that in Paraview exists the filter 'Smooth'. However, in my case
it is de-activated (as the filter 'Normals'). Any ideas why? Should I apply
some other filter first in order to activate it?

I appreciate any help,
Dimitris