[Paraview] What part of the pipeline is producing the request for UPDATE_EXTENT?

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 12:22:49 EST 2008

I understand. Now. my problem. In RequestInformation I read part of
my file to get what I am assuming should be the "WHOLE_EXTENT", which
is 7334 x 8448 x 200 as a uint8 vtkImageData object. This is too
large to fit into memory the machines that this will be run on. I
placed some auto-generated gui widgets in ParaView for the customer
to select a VOI. I have used the normal vtk macros for the set/get
methods for VOI.

So say the customer is only interested in a VOI of 500, 1500, 200,
1800, 100, 105. Could you lay out what calls should be made in each
of the RequestInformation and RequestData methods? (just the major
things we have been talking about, I can fill in the rest). I have
tried lots of different configurations and the only ones that seem to
work are the ones that are NOT recommended to do.

If you want the entire vtkH5RoboMetReader.h/cpp, I can send that
along also.

Thanks
Mike.

Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer