[Paraview] Re: particletracer, vectors menu?

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Wed Feb 13 11:35:37 EST 2008

Hi there Kent, thanks for answering!

On Feb 13, 2008 5:28 PM, Kent Eschenberg <eschenbe at psc.edu> wrote:
> Point data means the vectors are given at the points aka nodes aka vertices.
> The alternative is cell data where the vectors are given for the entire cell.
> You might try running your data through the filter that converts cell data to
> point data. Note that such a filter uses averaging and so will change your data
>   a little.

I should have shown more of the VTI file:
     <PointData Vectors="velocity">
        <DataArray type="Float32" Name="velocity"
NumberOfComponents="3" format="appended" offset="0"           />
      </PointData>

That's very definitely point data.   As far as the ParaView interface
is concerned, it also seems to be point data: when I select this
dataset, the "Cell data to point data" filter is DISABLED and the
"Point data to cell data" is ENABLED.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Charl