[Paraview] Random Colormap

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Dec 22 13:34:11 EST 2008

The random values will, by their nature, be generally discontinuous.  Feeding a continuous color map through the random scalars will create discontinuous colors, which is what you were asking for.  This is a trick that we use with the Process Ids Scalars to make it easier to see a parallel partition of data.

For the greatest variation of colors, use an HSV color map the wraps through most of the hues.

-Ken