[Paraview] Creating Plugins

Timothy M. Shead tshead at sandia.gov
Mon Dec 22 11:55:51 EST 2008

Benjamin Schindler wrote:
> I just renamed the baseclass now (It is not inside a library so that's
> no issue) and the parser seems to accept this. Adding //btx //etx works
> but that's not really an ideal solution. IMHO, the grammar of the parser
> should be changed for such things to be possible.

Just to set your mind at ease, //btx & //etx are the "official" way to
handle syntax that the parser doesn't understand.  You'll find that
they're ubiquitous in the VTK & ParaView sources.  Note that this isn't
just a question of whether the parser is smart enough - the code that
must be wrapped with //btx & //etx is code that can't be mapped into the
languages targeted by the wrapper generator.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy M. Shead