[Paraview] How to visualize multipart/multiblock models

Jacques Papper jpapper at ara.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 05:00:01 EST 2008

Hi All,

I have been thinking of a potential improvement for visualization of
multipart models in ParaView.
I would really like to develop the following functionality :

Have support for multiple views where you can :
-> Select one or several blocks and move them to another view (maybe with a
keyboard shortcut like alt+numberofView)
-> flip between the views by just typing a number on the keyboard
-> Have a system where blocks can only be present in one view at a time

Would the structure of ParaView enable me to do this ? If so - where would I
start ? I know that the pipeline and the extract selections offer somewhat a
similar capability, but there are still a few things missing ?

Jacques