[Paraview] How to visualize multipart/multiblock models

Samuel Key samuelkey at bresnan.net
Thu Dec 18 14:52:45 EST 2008

Nawijn,

ParaView is quite happy to read multiple copies of your *pvd file as in
1 below. You can then process them independently. You also create
multiple "edited" *.pvd files that each has only one part. PV can read
them all and have individual pipelines in which a Transform filter can
translated and rotate the part (side-by-side view, symmetric halves used
to create a whole, "exploded" part views, two different orientations of
the same part with the same or different information displayed on the
part, et cetera). The more you use PV the smarter it gets. With multiple
parts, each with its own pipeline, you can use the "eyeball" icon in the
pipeline display window to turn on/off any combination of parts you like.

I personally find PV amazingly versatile. What is limiting is my
imagination to realize everything it can do just as it is.

Sam Key