[Paraview] bug in ParaView 3.4.0 server

Stephen Wornom stephen.wornom at sophia.inria.fr
Wed Dec 17 10:29:30 EST 2008

Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> Are there any error messages outputted on the server side?
> Can you try this:
> When connected to the server and looking at the outline (which you say
> is rendered fine) go to Edit|Settings. In the Options dialog open up
> the "Render View" tree on the left pane and select "Server". There in
> the "Remote Rendering Paramaters" group ensure that "Remote Render
> Threshold" is set to 0 and checked. Now hit Ok.
The thresh hold was by default 3 mb. When I set it to 0, the client
crashes each time I try to establish a connection.
Navier> Waiting for server...
ERROR: In /tmp/ParaView-3.4.0/Servers/Common/vtkServerConnection.cxx,
line 67
vtkServerConnection (0x5dd9240): Server Connection Closed!

Is it important that each cpu has two cores?
Stephen