[Paraview] Not a valid QT plugin on windows

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Dec 16 15:04:03 EST 2008

Odd that only one of the two plugins get loaded.  Perhaps the server plugin is missing some symbols.  Try running the depends program on it and make sure it can find all of the dependent dlls.  Also make sure that the server manager initialization function is properly exported (I think it's called @PLUGIN_NAME at _Initialize).

You could also try wrapping the client and server code into the same plugin (with checks to dump the client code when the GUI is not built).  I have never liked the idea of having separate client & server plugins; they make loading the plugin more cumbersome and confusing rather than helpful.

-Ken