[Paraview] SubProxy/ProxyProperty

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Dec 15 10:36:03 EST 2008

Thanks Utkarsh , as usual you are a veritable fountain of wisdom for the
internals.

I have this in utilities

  <ProxyGroup name="particletracerstrategies">
    <Proxy name="SimpleTerminationStrategy"
           class="vtkTemporalStreamTracerTerminationStrategy">

      <DoubleVectorProperty
         name="TerminationTime"
         command="SetTerminationTime"
         number_of_elements="1"
         default_values="0.0" >
        <DoubleRangeDomain name="range"/>
      </DoubleVectorProperty>

    <blah blah snip snip>

    </Proxy>
  </ProxyGroup>

and this for i the particletracer xml

      <ProxyProperty name="TerminationStrategy"
                     command="SetTerminationStrategy"
                     label="Termination Strategy">
        <ProxyListDomain name="proxy_list">
          <Proxy group="particletracerstrategies"
                 name="SimpleTerminationStrategy" />
        </ProxyListDomain>
        <Documentation>
          Set the Strategy for Termination of particles
        </Documentation>
      </ProxyProperty>

It appears to be trying to set the strategy as a string. It tells me
that setTerminationStrategy is called with the wrong arguments. I was
hoping it'd create an object of type
vtkTemporalStreamTracerTerminationStrategy and set that directly.
I have not specified a ProxyGroupDomain - can I force it to be an object
by doing that? (Also, the GUI doesn't create the individual properties
for the strategy itself)

Got any more clues?

Thanks

JB