[Paraview] Export polydata and texture map in vtk file for viewing in paraview

James Matthews james.matthews at earthling.net
Sun Dec 14 15:24:58 EST 2008

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not quite sure what you mean.

I have written out my image data from a vtkImageData object using
vtkXMLImageDataWriter to a .vti file.

I have written my polydata out using vtkXMLPolyDataWriter to a .vtp file.

The image data is orientated and locate such that it is a plane through the
centre of the polydata model (which is a vehicle).

If I open the files in Paraview (v3.4) it opens the image data in a separate
window to the polydata. The image data cannot by rotated, just panned in 2D. I
see options for 'slices' but not sure what I can do with them to solve this
problem.

Hopefully I've explained the problem reasonably well.

<Apologies if this is a duplicate reply, I have had some email problems and my
last reply doesn't seem to appear on the list>