[Paraview] SubProxy/ProxyProperty

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Dec 15 04:26:10 EST 2008

I'm making some changes to the particle tracer, which allow a
TerminationStrategy and an InjectionStrategy to be set. These are small
classes which act s helpers to the particle tracer to decide when to
kill off particles etc.

If I define these as classes and setup xml descriptions of them in
utilities.xml they seem to satisfy the compilation and instantiation
requirements of paraview.

But

When I attempt to create the GUI for the particle tracer, I tried
setting a ProxyProperty referring to the strategy class, and nothing
appears in the GUI, so I tried setting it as a SubProxy within the
Particle tracer XML. It also did not make anything ppear in the GUI.

1) Can I instantiate the GUI part of the proxy object automatically -
the only other classes whic do something similar are the cut/clip etc
using widgets as sub proxies
2) Specifically - what is the difference between declaring a subproxy
(=TerminationStrategy) or a ProxyProperty (=TerminationStrategy). When
should one use one, or the other.

The Strategy has a number of simple int/double parameters so ought to be
easy to instantiate easily. How's it done?

thanks

JB