[Paraview] Plugin with Qt 4.4, but Paraview binaries with 4.3 ?

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 02:56:13 EST 2008

Hi,

Thanks to the mailing list, I compiled successfully a number of
plugins for paraview 3.4. Today, the version of Qt is 4.4, and
everything goes well on my different computers (Fedora 9 and Win XP
SP3).

Now, I want to distribute my plugins on 'non-development' config, that
is, with the website-available binaries of ParaView 3.4.
When loading the plugin, I got a message '... is not a valid Qt
plugin'. Then I tried different built settings (Release/Debug),
without success.

I think that the downloadable binaries are built with Qt-4.3, not 4.4
-that justifies the cmake warning-, and maybe this is the source of
the problem.
- Can someone tell me if I am wrong ?
- Have I to distribute my own ParaView built or is there a hack for that ?
- If I have to downgrade Qt to 4.3, where can I find the MS Windows package ?

Thanks for your time,

Jérôme