[Paraview] pvserver always shows 100% cpu usage

Paul Edwards paul.m.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 12:19:02 EST 2008

Hi all,

It just depends on how it is implemented with MPI.  There will be lower
latency if it spins in a loop waiting for a message.  Here is a link to the
FAQ which shows how you can stop this for OpenMPI:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#oversubscribing
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#force-aggressive-degraded

Regards,
Paul