[Paraview] pvserver always shows 100% cpu usage

John M. Patchett patchett at lanl.gov
Fri Dec 5 11:12:01 EST 2008

Hi Jens,
   Your pvserver is probably waiting on an MPI_Recv and your MPI
implementation is spinning.
You will note that process 0 probably isn't doing this, as the other
nodes are waiting on process 0 to send.
I have searched this problem all the way to the MPI developers as
it's easy to replicate without paraview and the MPI guys assure me
the alternatives are worse.
-John.