[Paraview] picture-transfer in paraview <--> pvserver

Jens jens-devel at gmx.de
Fri Dec 5 05:38:51 EST 2008

Hi Utkarsh,

thanks for this good news :)

Perhaps you can answer me one more question about client-server:
If I ran
  1.) the pvserver(pvdataserver+pvrenderserver) on our cluster and
  2.) the data gets rendered on the opengl-hardware of the nodes
will pvrenderserver only transfer a 2D-picture to my client or will it
transfer any 3D-opengl-commands?

I just ask to know if the linux-clients need any 3D-acceleration or can
I just use the open-source-driver without 3D (only software-3D).

Greetings
Jens