[Paraview] file-transfer in paraview <--> pvserver

Jens jens-devel at gmx.de
Thu Dec 4 09:19:26 EST 2008

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how file-transfer is done if paraview(client/server)
is used?

a) does paraview(client) always sends the whole data (for me a lot of
GBytes) to pvserver,
b) or do I have to have a directory, which is mounted on the client and
server at the same position,
c) or is there even a way to select a file stored on the pvserver-node,
through paraview(client)

"c" would be the best, but I cannot see anything like this in the "Open
File" dialog.
If "b" is the way to go - will this lead to network traffic?

Greetings
Jens